The Runway Diva Says. . . Is an online advice column for aspiring models. As a 20 year veteran of the fashion industry as a plus sized model, I have found in my travels that most aspiring models, no matter their size, don't have a clue of the tools needed to become a successful model. Hopefully, I can help make their journey a little easier. Please Email me your questions to ORIGRUNWAYDIVA@aol.com

Friday, November 25, 2005

Getting Started

Dear Runway Diva

hi my name is Michaela, sorry to bother you but I just wanted to ask you a question, I just wanted to know exactly who's your agency or how you got into the modeling network, I am an aspiring model (size 12) coming up and I am having trouble starting myself up, I would greatly appreciate any advice you have, you have great photos! Thanks


Hello Michaela

I apologize for the delay in responding to your questions. I am currently signed with the Goddess Division of The Model Service Agency (http://www.modelserviceagency.com/)
in New York City. I believe they also have divisions for standard size models and men. I would suggest that you look them up, find out when they have their open calls for new models, take a few good photos of yourself (nothing too provocative and go easy on the make up...they want to see what YOU look like) and let them see you. There is no need to show up with a full portfolio, if an agency likes you....chances are they will have you shoot new pictures anyway. Some clear photos in natural lighting will do at this stage of the game. You should also think about trying to work in fit...it's easy and more importantly...Steady money...IF you have the right measurements.

Don't be disappointed if they don't sign you on the spot...there are quite a few agencies in New York....just move on to the next one. If you like you can ask them for suggestions on which direction you should continue in.

I hope this helps...please keep me abreast of your progress!

Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home