The Runway Diva Says. . . Is an online advice column for aspiring models. As a 20 year veteran of the fashion industry as a plus sized model, I have found in my travels that most aspiring models, no matter their size, don't have a clue of the tools needed to become a successful model. Hopefully, I can help make their journey a little easier. Please Email me your questions to ORIGRUNWAYDIVA@aol.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Resumes & Bios for Models

Hi!

I know you are very busy but I had a quick question. Are there any specific elements that you like to see included in a modeling resume and also in a biography for modeling?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Dr. K


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for writing me Dr. K,

What I know is this....Models don't need to have resumes and bio's like musicians and other folks seeking work. Your composite card and your book (portfolio) IS your resume and as for a bio....unless someone asks you specifically for one.....you don't need it....it's better if YOU speak about what you've done when asked. No one will spend any real time looking at a resume and or bio at a casting.....it just doesn't work like that....and in my opinion...it only makes you look like an amateur.

The best advice I can give you is this:

Spend less time on a resume/bio and more time building your book up.

Hope this helps!

Q

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home